Friday 14 July 2017

Dani Alves did a U-turn on Manchester City, signs for Paris Saint Germain


Dani Alves
In a volte-face, Brazilian flying right back, Dani Alves has signed for French giants, Paris Saint-Germain.
The former Barcelona and Sevilla man, 34,was widely expected to join Manchester City and reunite with coach Pep Guardiola after their time together at Camp Nou. Several sources have pointed out that PSG offered to double the Premier League club’s salary offer and the Brazilian simply fell for the allure of the beautiful Paris City!
Alves was apologetic towards City coach and former Barcelona boss Guardiola before he lauded his new employer’s ambitions and addressed his family’s needs.
“If Pep feels hurt, I would like to apologize,” Alves said at his unveiling in the French capital. “The same goes for City. However, I take responsibility and I made the right decision with this move. I want to continue to be a champion.”
Alves admitted that City were not the only Premier League club interested in him but that he had to put his family first after he prioritized himself by moving to Juventus from Barca.
“I was not only of interest to Manchester City but other English clubs too,” claimed Les Parisiens’ new No. 32. “However, there is a very interesting project here. I spoke with the City bosses and I spoke with the president, who told me all about this club.
“PSG are ambitious and desire to win a title that it has not managed to for now [the UEFA Champions League]. I have friends here and my wife likes this city very much — these were several elements that convinced me to change my mind
To read from the source, click this link:
“I want to be a part of this long-term project. With Juve, I was a little selfish and I took the decision alone. This time, I decided to be less selfish and to make sure that there was a connection everywhere.
“I want everybody to be happy, particularly my family. It is because of this that I mainly chose to come here.
Paris based ESPN FC sources revealed that sporting director Antero Henrique and his assistant Maxwell, PSG’s recently retired former left-back worked tirelessly to land Alves and that the latter’s friendship with his compatriot played a key role in the deal.
The conclusion of this deal has left people at City reeling and livid in disappointment over what was already considered a foregone conclusion. It is also a pointer to the reality that in today’s transfer market; it is not over until it is over.
Culled from ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Gov Yusuf Assents To Bill Reversing Creation Of Kano Emirates Created By Ganduje

  Gov Yusuf Assents To Bill Reversing Creation Of Kano Emirates Created By Ganduje The governor also reinstated the 14th Emir of Kano, Muham...